MODEL / 2021Outlander PHEV
2021 MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER PHEV OFFERS UPGRADED POWERTRAIN, INCREASED ELECTRIC RANGE
New 2.4L engine, larger battery capacity, upgraded electric motors
Mississauga, ON., Feb. 23, 2021 –Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc. (MMSCAN) today announced pricing and availability of the 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) crossover. Outlander PHEV is upgraded for 2021, and features a significantly revised powertrain, an enlarged battery pack offering extended all-electric range, and increased performance from a new, more efficient, 2.4 liter inline-four cylinder engine.
The 2021 Outlander PHEV is scheduled to arrive in dealerships at the end of March. Starting MSRP increases by $200 over the 2020 model, just $44,198 before available provincial and federal.1
All-New Powertrain for Increased Efficiency
The Outlander PHEV enters 2021 with an extensively upgraded powertrain. The vehicle is equipped with a more powerful and efficient 2.4L internal combustion engine rated at 126 hp and 149 lb.-ft. of torque, and the previous 60kW rear-axle-mounted electric motor has been replaced with a more powerful 70kW unit. Combined, total system output is increased to 221 hp, up 31 hp from the previous model.
The Outlander PHEV’s main drive battery capacity also grows from 12.0 kW/h to 13.8 kW/h, resulting in an increase of all-electric range from 35 to 39 km for a total combined range of 509 km.
Finally, the 2021 Outlander PHEV’s powertrain receives updated software for improved synchronization between battery and engine, and improvements that reduce overall noise, vibration and harshness (NVH).
Super All-Wheel Control
New for 2021 are Sport and Snow driving modes, which offer enhanced driver confidence and control in all driving situations. Every 2021 Outlander PHEV is equipped with Mitsubishi’s unique Super All-Wheel Control (S-AWC) all-wheel drive system.4
By optimally managing Active Yaw Control (AYC), Anti-lock braking system (ABS) and Active Stability Control (ASC) with Traction Control (TCL) — which now offers enhanced traction on all road conditions — the integrated control system brings out the full potential of Twin Motor S-AWC without compromising safety, comfort or fuel efficiency. When desired, the driver can manually engage the Twin-Motor 4WD LOCK button to simulate locking of a centre differential and optimally distribute torque to all four wheels to maximize traction.
Availability of Incentives
The 2021 Outlander PHEV continues to be eligible for federal and provincial incentives where applicable. Federal incentives are $1,500, provincial incentives that are layered onto the federal incentives are $4,000 for Quebec and $2,500 for BC.
Trim Levels for 2021
The 2021 Outlander PHEV is available in four trim levels: SE, Limited Edition (LE), SEL and GT, all of which come standard with S-AWC all-wheel drive.
Continuing Commitment to Safety
Outlander PHEV comes available with Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM) with Pedestrian Detection, Adaptive Cruise Control, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Lane Departure Warning (LDW)and Automatic High Beam (AHB) driver assist systems.5,6,7
Multiple Ways to Charge including Fast Charging
Rarely available in a plug-in hybrid, Outlander PHEV comes standard with DC Fast Charging capabilities allowing a charge to 80 per cent in about 25 minutes. Outlander PHEV can also be charged with a standard outlet at home with a supplied charging cable, through brake generation and through Charge Mode which uses the gasoline engine to charge the battery
Mobile Power Source
The two on-board power outlets with a maximum 1,500 watts can supply power from the traction battery to electronic appliances for outdoor leisure and as a reliable source of electricity in an emergency.
The 2021 Outlander PHEV comes with one of the industry’s leading warranties8 – a fully transferable 5-year/100,000 km new vehicle limited warranty, as well as a fully transferable 10-year /160,000 km warranty on PHEV components and the Main Drive Lithium-ion battery. These warranties are in addition to a 10-year/160,000 km powertrain limited warranty. Every Outlander PHEV also comes standard with a 5-year/unlimited mileage roadside assistance program.
Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP)1 for the 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV:
|Outlander PHEV Trim Level||MSRP|
- Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Excludes destination/handling, tax, title, license etc. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your Mitsubishi retailer for details. Vehicle MSRP does not include Destination/Handling Charge.
- NRCAN mileage estimate. Combined fuel economy Electricity + Gasoline. Actual mileage may vary.
- Super All-Wheel Control (S-AWC) adds Active Yaw Control (AYC) to realize the AWC concept at a very high level. This Integrated Vehicle Dynamics Control System manages the driving forces and braking forces of the four wheels to help realize vehicle behavior that is faithful to the operation by the driver under a variety of driving conditions. S-AWC is not a substitute for safe and careful driving.
- Forward Collision Mitigation with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Warning and Auto High Beam are now standard across all trims.
- The Forward Collision Mitigation with Pedestrian Detection system is a driver aid only and is not a substitute for safe and careful driving. Under certain circumstances, the system may not detect other vehicles and/or pedestrians correctly.
- The Lane Departure Warning system is designed to read lane marks under certain conditions. It is not a collision avoidance system or a substitute for safe and careful driving practices.
- All coverage terms are from the original in-service dates and are applicable only to the original owner of new, retailed models purchased from an authorized Mitsubishi dealer. Subsequent owners receive the balance of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty of 5 years/100,000 km. See retailer for limited warranty and roadside assistance terms and conditions.
About Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc.
Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada is the sales, service, parts and marketing arm for Japan’s Mitsubishi Motors. With a product range consisting of Mirage, RVR sub-compact crossover, Outlander compact sport utility and Outlander PHEV, and Eclipse Cross, MMSCAN supports its dealerships with a head office team and parts distribution centre both located in Mississauga, Ontario. Established in 2002, MMSCAN and its dealerships employ over 1,200 people in communities large and small.